Important Changes for your Upcoming Dental Visits
Our top priority remains the health and well-being of our patients, families, staff and community. Over the past 30 years we have practiced in an evolving infection control environment. From AIDS to Tuberculosis to Mad Cow Disease to Bird Flu to Swine Flu we have continually adapted our practice to meet new infection challenges. Given the current environment with COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes in our office that we want you to be aware of:
- Patients will be screened using a questionnaire, both when making an appointment and again when you arrive. We are only able to see patients who are COVID-19 symptom free.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. This might mean patients are offered fewer options for appointment times.
- The practice may use telehealth (virtual or phone appointments) in order to limit a patient’s need to physically be in the office.
- Patients are asked to not bring others into the dental office, unless they are parents or guardians of patients who are minors or are special needs patients. If someone accompanies a patient, they will be asked to wait in their car or outside the office.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask while in the office.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for their use before and after touching items in the office.
In addition, we have exceeded the reopen recommendations by adding new technology to minimize the risk of infection. Specifically, we have:
- Implemented use of an IQAir Extraloral Suction Unit. This extraoral dental suction unit is specifically engineered to safely capture chairside aerosols and protect the treatment room from airborne contaminants.
- Additionally, we had three APCO Fresh-Aire In-Duct Air Purification System UV-C “air scrubbers” installed into the building’s air conditioning system. As air circulates through the system it is filtered and exposed to UV light which has been shown to be effective at neutralizing viruses and other pathogens.
We look forward to seeing you back in the office soon.
Ann Marie Zimmerman, DDS & David L. Rens, DDS